Dog Drinks Anti-Freeze – Vodka IV Saves Him. [Video]

Charlie the Maltese terrier is a lucky pup. From Arbroath:

“The curious canine was rushed to the Animal Accident & Emergency hospital, having licked some coolant in his owner Jacinta Rosewarne’s garage at Melton, west of Melbourne, Australia.

Vets realised Charlie had ethylene glycol poisoning, which can cause kidney failure within hours and, left untreated, leads to death. So they grabbed a bottle of vodka and started feeding it to Charlie through a tube down his nose and then intravenously.

Charlie the drunk Maltese terrier - Vodka IV‘He was definitely drunk,’ Ms Rosewarne said. ‘He was stumbling around, I’d go to pat him and he’d push me away like a normal drunk person, he was vomiting a little, whining like a drunk. I thought it was hilarious … It was distressing but funny at the same time.’ Charlie had 700ml of vodka in two days, a miracle treatment which saved his life but left him with an almighty hangover.”

Charlie the dog saved by vodka IV

Is it just me or does the idea of a booze IV sound awesome? You can control the drip speed and amount you drink plus, you can IV the bottom shelf booze. Moving on – good for Charlie; he got drunk to get better. [Arbroath]

Read previous post:
Grumpy dad lion meets the cubs.
Grumpy Dad Lion Acts Like All Grumpy Dads. [Video]

A lion dad meets his cubs and has no time for their funny business.

Close